Friday, May 4, 2012

Through Day 23, Chemo Round 3

I know, I know, I know. It's been a full 16 days since the last blog post.  But don't be misled by that inactivity; Jade has been anything but.  It is her mom that needed a break (I knew I wasn't in a good place when I started crying in Little Jay's IEP meeting... I always have my game face on during those.) I guess it all - family, lack of sleep, work, flat tires, dying motors - just caught up with me.

The past 16 days have been filled with the ups and downs that have come with each round: dysfunctional central line, blood and platelet transfusions, weight loss of 2.2. pounds, unwanted discussions about feeding tubes, constipation, new meds, beneprotein.  I won't bore you (or exhaust myself) with the details. Throughout it all, Jade has had the highest of spirits -- dancing, stickering everything and everyone in reach, blowing bubbles, running the halls, singing(she has quite a few songs in
her repertoire now), and counting (all the way up to ten!)
Jade autographing a pic
for David Cook.

But it's safe to say, that even with a visit from David Cook (of American Idol fame) today, we are ready to go home! Jade went to sleep last night with an ANC of zero and woke up with an ANC of 230.  If it stays above 200, we're looking at going home this weekend. At 24 or 25 days, that would make this our shortest hospital stay this year!

Thank you everyone for your continued support and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment